October 27, 2014

Crochet Key Cover

How many times has it happened to you to have lots of similar keys and every time it's a big guess which one will be the right one?

It happens to me all the time...so I thought about using crochet to fix this little issue and I crocheted a key cover!



It was for my bike lock keys, therefore I thought that the easiest way to make the right key stand out, was to use the same colours that I used to crochet my bike bell and saddle, which you can find HERE!



It took me no longer than 5-10 mins and my key problem had disappeared!!!



If you'd like to make one, here below are the simple instructions for my key cover, which would work for a medium size rounded key using a 3mm hook:

Color A:
Round 1: Start with a magic loop, 5sc in the magic loop
Round 2: 2sc in each stitch (total 10 st)
Round 3: 1sc in next 3 st, 2 chains and skip next 2st, 1sc in next 3 st, 2 chains and skip next 2st (10 st)
Round 4: 1sc in each stitch (total 10 st).
As I was working in rounds I do 2 more sc in the next 2 st in Color A before changing colour.

Color B:
Round 5: 1sc in each stitch (total 10st)

Color A:
Round 6: 5sc2tog (total 5 st)

Fasten off and the key cover is ready! You can then make as many chains as you want with Color B and pass them through the hole to tight it to your set of keys.

I would be happy to hear if you try making one and if the instructions are easy to follow.

Hope you liked the idea!

Wishing you all a happy evening!
Rory
XXX



No comments:

Post a Comment